Rapid Intervention Vehicle
Compact. Fast. Capable.
The Rapid Intervention Vehicle (RIV) is a compact airport firefighting vehicle of the CL series, particularly suitable for rapid and safe operation in small airports and heliports. Thanks to its powerful American chassis and the perfectly coordinated Rosenbauer components, this vehicle concept proves its extensive capabilities in just a few seconds. Innovative product solutions make it the perfect all-rounder for any airport fire department.
CBS fire fighting truck bodies are modular. Depending on the wishes of the customer, the vehicle can be individualized by combining a variety of components for varying requirements.
- Fabrication of customized solutions: With its modular body concept, the CBS series offers maximum individuality. The body modules are separately fabricated according to the requirements and desires of the customer, including all fire fighting equipment, and then fully assembled. The individual modules then only need to be positioned and attached onto the chassis.
- Positioning the first module: In the first step of assembly, the pump box module is positioned on the very rear of the chassis. To accomplish this, a subframe with flexible support for the body components is mounted on the chassis, to which the first module is then anchored.
- Positioning all body modules: Over the course of fabrication, the additional body components, such as the HRET module, tank module or tool box and foam proportioning system module are integrated into the new vehicle.
- Fixation of the modules: Once all modules are in position, they are aligned on the frame, bolted together, and installed. All electrical and mechanical interfaces are then connected.
- The HRET module: The stinger high reach extendable turret (HRET) is a boom developed by Rosenbauer with long reach and an extremely large range of motion. If the customer desires this to be part of the CBS system, it is positioned, fitted, and attached as soon as all modules are bolted down.
- The result: Upon completion of Rosenbauer’s modern fabrication, the customer will receive his individual CBS series emergency vehicle, specially built to meet his needs and requirements.
The firefighting equipment integrated in the RIVs impresses with the following performance features:
- Rosenbauer firefighting pump with output of up to 1,500 l/min at 10 bar
- Pump drive via own pump engine (gasoline or diesel) for simultaneous driving and firefighting
- Automatic foam systems water/foam roof turret or bumper turret
- Undertruck nozzles on all wheels and on the front of the vehicle
- Rapid intervention system with hose reel
A 90 kg dry powder unit as well as a 30 kg CO2 extinguishing system are optionally available. Halogen, xenon or LED light mast make working in the dark easier and provide additional safety.